Sunday, February 25, 2007

Airtel GPRS settings

This week i had a problem accessing the net thru my Sony Ericsson mobile. Everytime i actiavated Airtel Mobile Office, I just could not get the Mobile Office settings to my phone!

I trid contacting airtel customer care. As usual, they just did not know anything other than sending or recieving activation/deactivation SMS and price. The customer support guy told me to wait first for 1/2 hour and then around two hours to get my settings. Even one of the customer care stupid fellow told me that My little Sony Ericson Z550i phone can't be used with Mobile Office! Hats off to his technical knowledge!

After this waste of time, I thought i try on my own to tinker with my swedish brick. Just went on checking all settings and deleted all my existing data accounts. Then I sent an sms ALL to 2567. Within 2 minutes I recieved all the required settings including Mobile Office.

It is time to get some knowledgeble customer care guys and gals at Airtel support desk. Currently It is just pathetic support for a novice there.

star

No comments: